Forum

answering time

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Constance
answering time

Hello, I have send several mail but I have no answer. How long does an answer take in average ?
Thank you for your answer,
Best regards,
a member

Rob website admin
Widen your search!

Hello Constance,
We suggest that you widen your search considerably as you have not contacted many hosts.
The main advice we can give is please be patient! Please bear in mind that some hosts do not have an internet connection at home or might live in remote locations, and might only pick up emails once or twice a week. We are also coming into a busy time of year for hosts so replies to your inquires may take a while. We do urge hosts to reply to WWOOFers emails, but sadly not all do. So please keep trying.

Here are a few tips to help your search:

1/ Check on the noticeboard for hosts looking for WWOOFers and place a notice yourself asking for placements for the times you want.
2/ Apply to as many hosts as possible. But DO NOT send a mass email. Hosts are far more likely to respond if you send a specific email to each host with as much information about yourself as possible and why you want to WWOOF with them. They appreciate it if you have spent time to read their profile and target them individually.
3/ Check the list of newest hosts to join WWOOF Ireland, they are more likely to have places. There is a link to the list on the right of the front page of the website. (http://www.wwoof.ie/latest-hosts-31-days)
4/ Where the hosts have enabled their availability calendar in their profile, check they have availability when you want placements before contacting hosts.
A good idea is to include your phone number and Skype ID in the email to them, as some hosts prefer to use phone or Skype.

I hope that helps!

Rob
WWOOF Ireland website manager