Forum

Reference/Checks

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grainne
Reference/Checks

I had arranged with a potential Wwoofer to come and stay with us. He came and met us. He seemed nice, willing and able. That is until I asked for a reference or some verification to validate him. I simply asked for a Facebook request. Since then nothing,no communication apart from one message suggesting I rubbed him up the wrong way, doubting his character. I have four children and felt within my rights to ask for this simple request. It would be irresponsible if I did not.Surely that's reasonable request when someone strange is coming to live in your family home?? I'd love to hear your opinion. Warm wishes.

Eileen Thomas
REFERENCE/CHECKS

I'd say you are well within your rights to ask for references. Sadly, long gone are the days when we can simply 'trust' people coming into our homes. I have been hosting for a good many years now, and whilst there are no children living here, I now ask for references, as for various reasons, I have had issues with wwoofers and feel that I need to know a 'bit more about them' from someone else. No references, no wwoofing here! Well done you for being sensible! Perhaps wwoof admin could offer guidelines for references/supporting statements from wwoofers? Good luck!

adriennehans
Absolutely reasonable.

Absolutely reasonable.