It is difficult for us to be responsive to local needs. We do have regular communication with many hosts to help with specific problems or queries but there have been several occasions where we really needed to ask someone in a particular area to help with problems concerning WWOOFers who were experiencing difficulties of some kind, or liaise with hosts, or perhaps to provide us with some local information and advice. The distribution of hosts varies considerably across Ireland. Some areas (such as West Cork) have a high density, other areas have few hosts. We are proposing that groups should comprise a set number of hosts in some areas and a specific geographical area in others.
We suggest that a regional group could take on these roles...
- Create a communication network to share information, support and expertise between hosts in the group
- Promote the values of WWOOF locally and recruit new members
- Feedback local issues to the WWOOF Ireland team
- Provide support for new members
- Provide support for WWOOFers if necessary.
We are inviting your responses to these questions....
- What do you think of the idea of regional host representatives and groups?
- Do you think hosts in your area would want to be involved in a regional group?
- Would you be interested in being considered as a representative for a group of hosts in your area?
- Do you have any comments on the roles listed above?
- Do you have any thoughts about how groups in your location should be set up regarding numbers and areas covered?
Please help to get this right - it’s your opportunity to be involved in the development of WWOOF Ireland!