Our data protection policy
Here at WWOOF Ireland CLG we take your privacy very seriously. It is important to us that you know exactly what we do with personal information that you provide to us.
These are our obligations under the General Data protection Regulations (GDPR) in force from 25th May 2018.
We ensure the following:
- We only keep the data we ask of you when subscribing to our services for a limited time (please see 'How long do we hold your data' below).
- We keep your data secure and it is only available to the WWOOF Ireland administration team.
- We do not share your data with anyone outside the WWOOF Ireland administration team, without giving you our reason for doing so and obtaining your written permission first (Please see 'How we use your information and the legal basis.' below).
- If you wish to see the data we hold on you, we will gladly show you via email within 30 days of your request (Please see 'How to access the data we have stored on you' below).
The information we collect about you
We will hold:
- Data to identify you: Date of Birth, Gender, Home address, email address, Nationality.
- Emergency contact details: Address, email address and contact details of next of kin or equivalent.
When we collect your information
We collect information about you that you give us at the time of subscribing and completing a personal profile.
How we use your information and the legal basis
We only use and share your data only where:
- You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way (you may withdraw your consent at any time).
- Use is necessary because we might, in exceptional circumstances, have to comply with a legal obligation to disclose certain contact details with the authorities such as An Garda Síochána (Police) and the Immigration authorities.
How long do we hold your data
- Volunteers (WWOOFers): Your data is permanently deleted from our database on wwoof.ie 90 days after the expiry of your membership. We archive your contact details securely for up to 3 years for security purposes then they are destroyed.
- Hosts: Your data remains on our database on wwoof.ie for up to 3 years after membership expiry date if account is unused and dormant for 3 years not visible to the public. It is then permanently deleted.
Please note that you can request we close your account at anytime and have your data deleted permanently.
How to exercise your information rights
From 25th May 2018 you will have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right to:
- Find out how we use your information.
- Access your information and receive copies of your information.
- Have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated.
- In certain circumstances, have your account and information deleted.
How to access the data we have stored on you
Please apply in writing to our acting Data Protection Officer email@example.com and we will forward you by email the data we hold on you within 30 days of the request.