Please click on the flags above for translations in French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Before you start!
You must be at least 16 to join WWOOF Ireland, and there are special conditions if you are under 18 – You MUST carry a signed copy of the 'Parental Consent form' which can be obtained by going to your WWOOFer homepage and clicking on the blue button 'CREATE A PARENTAL CONSENT FORM'. This should be completed and printed out and signed by your parent or legal guardian. One signed copy to be sent to the WWOOF Ireland office and one signed copy to be carried with you to show to hosts. – also see 'How old do I have to be?' and other information in the 'Help' section.
There are two different subscriptions - €25 for one person or €35 for two people or a family travelling together and sharing accommodation. Each subscription lasts for one year.
What to do...
- To become a WWOOFer you must read and agree to the WWOOFer commitment and pay a subscription by PayPal or by post but we cannot accept foreign cheques.
- When you have joined you must write your profile and upload a photograph - the photograph is compulsory for identification purposes and must show your face clearly - hosts will see this when you contact them. You must not contact hosts before you have a profile.
- Select hosts in the 'List of Hosts' in the dropdown menu on home page - you can use 'bookmarks' to make your own list. Read the host's profile very carefully!
- Contact hosts by clicking the 'EMAIL HOSTS' button under their page. Write a short message with the dates you want to volunteer. Hosts will see a link to your profile when they read your message.
- Wait for replies, ask any questions and make arrangements. Hosts may not reply immediately, so contact several.
- WWOOFer Personal Accident and Liability Insurance is included in the membership subscription, please see our HELP section for more details. however, you are responsible for purchasing your own health and travel insurance. Please see HERE for details to purchase travel insurance. Also check visa and entry requirements carefully, especially if you have a passport from a non-EEA country.
- If you change your dates, or need to cancel, you MUST contact your host to let them know!
- After your visit, you can leave feedback about hosts - it helps other WWOOFers.
- Enjoy WWOOFing in Ireland! If you have any problems, you can always contact us and we will help you. Look at the 'Help' section of this site for answers to more questions.
Next - read and agree to the WWOOFer Commitment